Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Utlizing Your God Given Talents...

Have you ever wondered whether what you are doing in life is what you are supposed to be doing in life?  That is a loaded question, I know.  There is no doubt in my mind that as far as motherhood goes, I may not be doing everything right, but I am doing it with all my heart.  I KNOW that it is what God wants me to do...to be the best mother I can be.  But what about the other parts of me?...The other parts that have been provided with other gifts that should be used, in my mind, to glorify Him. 

Coming from the perspective of a Human Resources professional, I can give countless examples of people who truly are fulfilling their God-given talents, and I can give you countless examples of others who seem to be just going through the motions.    In Stephen Covey's book, The 8th Habit, his sequel to The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, he basically says that the 8th Habit is to find your own voice and help others to find theirs.  (Although he takes a whole book to say this, whereas he fit the 7 other habits into one nice package.)  So this makes me wonder, what is MY voice?  Have I found it?  Am I floundering with it, projecting a little bit of sound, or singing at the top of my lungs?  Can others hear it?  Is the message I am sending meanigful to me?  Is it meaningful to my audience?  Is it glorifying Him?

One of my favorite sayings is "Do what you love.  Love what you do."  This goes right along with finding your voice.  So I ask further questions...
  • What unique talents has God given you?
  • Are you utilizing them?
  • Are you making time to nurture the parts of you, outside of motherhood, that make your voice unique?
Just pondering....

May you be filled with His love and share that with others in your own, unique, God-given way!

Blessings,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment