Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Christmas Blessing....as seen by Mary

Last night as the pastor shared the Christmas story, a certain part resonated with me in a way that it had not previously.  Upon hearing the words from Luke 2:19, But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart, I begin to really think about what it must have been like to be Mary.   I began to imagine the awe and wonder that Mary must have felt.  As a new Mother, she holds her baby in her arms for the first time and when looking at him, she is looking into the eyes of the Lord.  How humbling and magnificent that must have been to have gazed upon her son, THE Son of Man, knowing that this, this was Christ the King.

We don't have much direct information about Mary from Bibilical accounts.  This leaves us to create our own image, and my image is one of a courageous, faith-filled woman with an immense trust in God.  On this Christmas day, I pray that I may be like Mary.  I pray that I will trust in the Lord with all my heart, that I will have the courage to follow his plan for me, that I will be a light unto others, as he is THE light for me.  I pray that I will keep Mary's example close to my heart, and that when I gaze at my own children I will recognize in their eyes that I too am catching a glimpse of Him.

Merry Christmas and God Bless Us, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment